Dr. Steven Kum and Dr. Tan Yih Kai, are among the only few local leading wound practitioners in Singapore who have attained the Certified Wound Specialist Physician® (CWSP) through The American Board of Wound Management (ABWM).
With this added knowledge, they are now certified with competencies in the following:
- Outline the aetiology of chronic wounds and extrinsic factors that contribute to and affect wound healing outcomes;
- Ascetain the phases of wound healing and the associated microenvironment, cellular components and their functions in wound healing;
- Identify the anatomy of the skin and other important structures;
- Assess research and evidence related to wound management;
- Recommend specific diagnostic tests, examination tests, lab tests and measures related to wound assessment and management;
- Identify the components of wound assessment and documentation;
- Identify methods for recognizing soft tissue and bone infection, bioburden management and treatment of local and systemic infections;
- Discuss nutritional factors and the underlying deficiencies that impact wound healing;
- Relate the psychosocial and cognitive aspects to patient outcomes in wound repair;
- Recommend specific treatment interventions for chronic wounds including debridement, topical therapies, and biophysical expertis.